Mission. The mission of the Office of Institutional Research and Analysis (formerly known as the Office of Strategic Initiatives – OSI) is to transform data into timely and meaningful information to support UT System initiatives and policy decisions and to enhance insight, transparency, and accountability.
Vision. The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis at the University of Texas System strives to:
- Capture meaningful data that will benefit students, faculty, and administrators
- Conduct research that is informative and applicable to the UT System mission and missions of the UT institutions
- Create and promote data-related innovations that enhance UT System decision points and stakeholder engagement
- Maintain an environment that respects data and ensures its security, reliability, and validity
- Set national and state precedents on higher education research and business intelligence
Values. The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis is committed to and emphasizes:
- Integrity. We provide and share findings in an ethical and unbiased manner, regardless of the audience.
- Innovation. We aim to think outside traditional ways of presenting information and to be a model example for Institutional Research.
- Transparency. We make data and information about the UT System publicly accessible.
- Collaboration. We work in partnership with other UT System offices, institutions, and external stakeholders to achieve shared goals.
- Communication. We promote an environment conducive to the exchange of information that supports critical thinking.
UT System is a national leader in accountability and transparency. The new version of the UT System Dashboard further increases transparency; effectively measures productivity, efficiency, and impact; and clearly demonstrates accountability. The UT System Dashboard is a business intelligence and data visualization system that includes web-based applications for extracting and analyzing institutional data. Its purpose is to provide current data, trends over time, and comparative benchmarking across a variety of metrics in support of better decision and policy making. Additional analyses in the form of data narratives, policy papers, and briefs are also available.
The Office of Institutional Research and Analysis (OIRA) continually updates and adds data, more metrics, and more levels of drill through, so check back often.
Find user tips and suggestions for navigating the Dashboard.
Please send your comments, questions and suggestions to the UT System Dashboard team.
Available online, and on your smartphone and tablet devices, seekUT provides users with a range of data by degree major that will inform students in their decision making. This data tool is designed to help students and their families plan their future based on a foundation of realistic expectations about typical student loan debt and post-graduation earnings.
Call toll-free 1-855-488-3274 if you need assistance accessing any part of the UT System Dashboard.
Part of the Dashboard is based on a third-party platform, SAS® Enterprise Business Intelligence Server software version 9.4. Read more details on this software package’s compliance with Section 508 Accessibility Standards.